Wednesday, March 9, 2011

23 months down, a whole eternity to go!

Hey Dad!

First off, I'm glad to hear that your personal scripture studies have been better than normal while I've been a missionary. However, just because that era is ending, it doesn't mean that that needs to end! In fact, if you're willing, I'd like to keep doing morning scripture studies with
you for as long as I'm at home. And Mom, if she wants to or can, and Ethan too, if he's feeling "man" enough. :) The reason for this is that I may feel like I have a strong testimony now, but it if I say I have enough, it will be taken away from me even that which I have. Same story with Spanish, I figure. So, onward and upward spiritually! and we'll have to think of some ways to keep my Spanish up too. Maybe my future career can involve it.

Things are going well in the area. Sadith and his now completely baptized family are progressing very nicely. We are doing our best to help them prepare to enter the temple and be sealed. We have full confidence that they will be able to do it.

As for our other investigators, we've found some new ones with decent potential, and we've had some difficulty with our
old ones. Some families are just going to take some time, while others aren't going anywhere and seem to be losing steam. We're still doing everything we can, and trying to use our time with efficiency.

I got sick yesterday, and had no desires to eat all day. I got very tired, had chills, aches and pains, a headache, and had a few other undesirable symptoms... I was worried that it was a repeat of the sickness I had almost exactly a year ago in Barrio 4 (remember, the one that put me out for almost a week?) but today I feel much better, so I don't think there's anything to worry about for the time being. Still a little weak, but I think that once
I get some good food into my body, I'll be good as new.

I'm sad to hear that the fruitless pear must be chopped down. You know what they say: every tree that bringeth forth not good fruit must be hewn down and cast into the fire. Just as long as you don't cut down the pine tree, we're good, ok? :) But I am curious: why are we going to build a tree fort in a tree that we're just going to chop down?Well, thanks for the email. It was grea
t fun reading it and enjoying it. And I hope everything goes well. Let me know if anyone dies/gets engaged. Till next time,

-Elder Knorr