Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Danna, Paula and Sofia are getting baptized!

Hello everyone!

Thanks for the email, Mom, even if it was basically a wedding schedule for the whole summer. I can't believe how many of the people I know are getting married! Especially in my own family! I mean, Emily, for cryin' out loud! You'll have to forgive me if that still seems like a figment of my imagination, as I have
n't really had to face the reality of any of this yet. But I'm glad everyone's taking this big step in their lives. Very good. I guess I'll get to go to a lot of receptions. Sweet! :)


Anyhow, I'm glad to hear from everyone. Especially you, Ethan! Sounds like there's a bunch of cool stuff going on in your life lately. Taekwondo testing? Awesome! And I might just make it to the launch of "The Magnum." And I've always wanted to memorize all the extra verses of the Star Spangled Banner too.
I'm looking forward to spending some good time with you, Bro. I hope you're up for some adventures!
Just so it's all clear, my current companion's name is Elder T
hurston. He's even taller than Elder Holub was. It's true, it's an ironic twist that my trainer was a short guy and my last companion is very tall. The cycle continues...


I'm sorry to hear about President Christianson's heart attack, but I'm glad to hear that he's doing well and that he plans to finish his time as mission president. President Christianson has helped me in many ways growing
up and deciding to come on the mission. I hope to see him again soon.

Alright, now for news on missionary work:

The biggest news right now is that Danna, Paula and Sofia are getting baptized this Saturday at 6 o'clock in the Villalba chapel. You're all invited! :) They are all very desirous to be baptized and have very good testimonies. It will be a beautiful service, and the young women will be providing the musical number.


Our other investigators are progressing along well, but slowly. We think that setting some clearer goals for their progress will help them resolve their doubts and move towards baptism.

We are also putting a greater focus on passing by members and helping them fulfill their missionary responsibilities. We are sharing with them the inspired promise given by our mission president that if they refer 5 friends to us, at least one of those friends will be baptized. So far, we're coming up against the usual "I've shared the gospel with everyone I know and there's nothing left to
do" excuse, but we're helping them work past that and see that they really do know a lot of people who aren't members of the Church who could benefit from the gospel message. It's a whole new ball game, but I trust that with time, things will begin to open up more.

Another fun note: I'm almost completely out of money. At the end of the mission, we have to answer for our reimbursable 100 euro travel fund. Unfortunately, problems with my reimbursement forms in the past have caused a cash flow dilemma and I've been forced to go very cheap on food thi
s month to come out with those 100 euros. It's been rice and hot dogs for the past week and I'm feeling just fine! :)Well, that's about all that's going on. We keep working hard and enjoying missionary work to its fullest. There are so many people who need the gospel and there's so little time! I'm grateful with all of my soul for the opportunities that the Lord has already given me to share his gospel, and I pray that he gives me a few more yet.

I love you all, thank you for making all of this possible for me.

Take care,

-Elder Knorr