Wednesday, March 30, 2011

The last email...

Hello Family and Friends! Thanks for your letters and emails this week. I'm supremely grateful for all the help that you've been to me during my mission. I am truly blessed to know people like you.

Well, what to say, what to say... I'm still working hard, though I feel odd. The baptisms went great! Now the family is all together in the gospel. They're very happy and we're very happy for them!

The next few days we have plans just like normal: work hard, meet with lots of people, do the work of the Lord. Halfway through Saturday, we'll be heading down to Madrid for General Conference. We'll go back Sunday for the rest of it. And then Monday, well, it will have been 2 years since I entered the MTC.

Yes, I am planning on leaving a good amount of clothing here
in Spain. Bringing my two-pant suit home would make about as much sense as bringing home a bag full of garbage. I may or may not leave a pair or two of my shoes. Most of my "white" shirts will be excluded. My black suit is still ok, and my pinstripe is more-or-less ok. Other knickknacks and hygiene products may not make the cut. I have to get everything into 2 suitcases, both of them under 22 kilos (50 pounds). Tough. So far, I'm trying not to think too much about it. There are still other things to do that are more important.

As for the plans, they sound good. I would be fine with either dinner option, but I know that it will be more fun for you guys to eat out, so
we'll do that. You can choose the restaurant. Somewhere that has root beer, please. :)

Wow, so many emotions, so many things I want to say... I feel very blessed that the Lord gave me this opportunity. I can't imagine having gone thr
ough life without this experience to help me learn. I am pleased with the opportunity I've had to watch God work miracles in the lives of his children, and even more pleased that I have been able to participate in making those miracles happen. The future (as always) is uncertain, but I have confidence that, come what may, if I do what God wants me to, things will work out alright. I love you all, and again I thank you sincerely for the ways you've helped me. Take care, and may God bless you.

Till we meet,

-Elder Knorr