Wednesday, April 7, 2010

News and Pictures too!

Hello family and friends! Things are still going alright for me here in Barrio 4 in Madrid. I've been getting a slightly better handle on this whole district leader/senior companion thing. You see, Elder Becerra has only been in the mission for six months, which is half of the time that I have. I've never had to be the "leader" in the companionship before, much less the leader of the district, much less in a brand new area. When it all comes down on me at once it can feel a little overwhelming. But bit by bit I'm figuring things out and I'm sure that I'll get a good handle on it all in a week or two more and it won't be so weird.

I got a package from Kristen and from the Knorr Family in these past couple of weeks! Hooray! Thanks to you all for the wonderful sweet treats and surprises, they really made my day. And thanks to all the family and friends who have been writing me. Things have been mayhem this past little while but we've got nothing planned but letter writing today, so I hope to respond to many if not all of you.

The work is still going here in Barrio 4. Our investigators seem to be showing a lot of fear to set baptismal dates. It's tough to help them overcome that fear, but we're doing our best. In the meantime, we continue to seek out more investigators in the streets. It's really all the same work as it was in Segovia, just with a different flavor.

General Conference was great! I really enjoyed all of the talks and received a lot of personal guidance and inspiration. I can't wait for the new Liahona to come out so that I can study the talks in more depth.

Easter was good. We didn't do anything really unusual, besides go to Conference. I really liked President Monson's talk on the Resurrection. He testified with a lot of good emotion and power about its reality, didn't he? We're very blessed to have him as our prophet.

Has everyone seen Jonathan [Ogden] yet? How's he doing? From what I've heard, he's going to be staying at BYU and trying to work in the MTC, not going to USU to do who-knows-what. Rejoice, one and all! :) Give him my saludos and tell him to write me and tell me what's going on.

Well, that's all I've really got to say right now. I tried sending some pictures with this email, so we'll see how that works out.

Thank you all for loving me and supporting me in this work. I know I'm in the right place, doing the right thing, and for the right reason. Take care!

-Elder Knorr

At Segovia Aqueduct

Unidentified building and fountain

Elders Knorr and Kapp at cool castle


William and Alfredo's Baptism

Alfredo and Elder Kapp


Assistants to the President, and roommates to Elders Knorr and Becerra


Getting to know Barrio 4

Elder Becerra from Bolivia