Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Missionary Work is Great Here!

Hello! Wow, lots of news this week from my family, and home in general! I don't know where to begin...

I let out shocked cries of "What!?!" concerning Lauren Elliot and David Butler. It's funny the things that happen
in life that you never would have seen coming, isn't it? In any case, they look very happy together and I'm sure they are. And it's nice to see a photo of my old friend Isaac (this is only the 2nd one I've seen of him in a two-year period) and also Melanie. They also look very happy together! I wish them all the best in their new life together... wow. All my friends getting married. I heard that Ben Quilter is getting married too! Oddly enough, I find it easy to disbelieve all of this because of my distance from it. In other words, my removal from the situations at home allow me to suspend reality and not actually consider the implications of things that are really happening. Yes, I consider myself informed, but only in the shallowest sense. I suppose it will all come crashing down on me when I get home. Fortunately, I can also suspend that reality. Let the good times roll!!! Onward, ever onward....! :)

Moving on: Ethan continues to prove his awesomeness by buying another Nerf gun and crafting his own duct tap
e suit. Happy Birthday, Ethan, and welcome to a whole new era of your life. I'm glad I'll be around for the majority of it. You don't even know all of the great things that are waiting for you in your future.

And I am very glad to have r
eceived pictures of my two beautiful sisters, including one with the until-now-thought-mythical Justin. It looks like they are also very happy together. What dance was this picture taken before?




Well, missionary work is GREAT here! It's cold, but there's no snow. Yesterday was the most "bomb
-town" (a companionship catchphrase) day that I've had in a long, long time. We taught two very spiritual lessons to Natalia, a young investigator with a baptismal date for next week, and Mariana, a Romanian woman who hardly understands a thing in Spanish, but has achieved a very strong testimony of Joseph Smith and the Book of Mormon by reading it in Romanian and praying about it. We then found two new, excited investigators.

I'm loving working here, with this companion, with these members, in this area, in this Work. I know it's true. I want everyone to know that for themselves, here abroad and at home as well. If you are won
dering whether this message is true or not, I invite you all to take a bit of time to study it out in your mind, read some Church material, and pray and ask God, your Heavenly Father, if it is the Truth. I promise you all that if you do, your testimony will be strengthened, as mine has been time and time again out here in the mission field. Everything will fall into its proper place. You will receive additional clarity and insight, as well as peace and comfort. The Gospel is true. The Church is true. Those things will never change. The only thing that can change is how much each of us personally know that it's true, and that makes all the difference in the end. Try. Know. I promise you you'll never regret it.

Well, that's all the time I have today. I love you all! Take care of yourselves and each other, and thanks for all of the love you continually show me. Bye!

-Elder Knorr