Wednesday, October 27, 2010

"I know where I'm going!"

Hello, it's me! Elder Knorr! Writing again to inform all of my general state of well-being.

First, I'll start with the biggest news. I'm going back to Barrio 1! Crazy, eh? I'll be in a trio with Elder Cerro, and Argentinian from the Canary Islands, and Elder Tyndale-Biscoe, a half-British, half-Spaniard new elder who's lived in southern Spain for a good amount of time.
I've been frankly shocked ever since I got the news last night that I would be moving. I wonder what it will be like to go back and work in the very same area that I started in... Knowing what I know now about Spanish and missionary work, I should be able to do more. I can't help but fear, however, that I will regress. I don't know, it's an odd feeling. I guess all I need to do is work hard and trust in God, and everything will work out just fine. I can't help but face this transfer with slightly higher-than-normal apprehension and nerves. Transfers are always weird experiences.

Secondly, OH MY WORD!!!! ISAAC IS ENGAGED?? :O :O :O :O :O :O Crazy! That would be the first of my close friends to be engaged. When I read that, I was once again shocked beyond all reason. I know that my age group is approaching that stage of life, but still... it's a very large shock to hear. Congratulations, bud! Send me an announcement.

Wow, how original, Knorr Family. Another Honda Civic. Wow. Now that's a real shocker. :\ At least you haven't doubled-up on colors yet, but silver, gray, and brownish gray isn't exactly what I'd call a "plethora" of hues.

It's good to hear that people in my family are doing great things. I mean, obviously Megan would rise to greatness, but it's nice to hear that she's already started. I'd like to get a picture of the painting, if possible. And it's good to hear that Ethan's doing well. Yes, finally doing a spook alley! That's been a Knorr Family dream for as long as I can remember, but we never quite went through with it. I guess it just took Ethan's drive and initiative to get it done. Plus, now that we have the strobe light, we have a useful tool that we didn't before, right? I really was floored when I saw the pictures you sent me last week. Both Ethan and Megan look like they've grown up so much! It's crazy. I guess that's what I get for removing myself from the picture for two years, especially as they're both growing so much. But it's good to hear that everyone's doing well.

Today we went to La Pedriza, which is a natural park just north of Madrid. There were a lot of big boulders that we climbed up and down on, and we had a fun time. I really like doing nature hikes as a missionary. It's a good, wholesome change of pace that reminds me of the greatness of nature and God. We also visited a classic castle in Manzanares el Real, situated by a glossy lake at the foot of La Pedriza. I took lots of pictures and we had a good time.

Things are going well. We keep working hard, and doing our best. We found a man named Milton the other day, and the last visit we had with him, we set a baptismal date. He's really good! We will keep working with him and will help him reach his goal of baptism.

I love you all. Thanks for all of the support and love you always show me. I anxiously await the package and all of its goodness. :) Take care.

-Elder Knorr