Wednesday, August 25, 2010

It's been a crazy week, but we're alive and that's what's important!

Hello everyone! It's good to hear that everyone is doing well. It's been a crazy week, but we're alive and that's what's important!

A few highlights: I got a wonderful package from Kristen!
I think she sent me the perfect candies (if I'd been in an American Store, I would have chosen exactly the candies she sent me.) And of course, it's just nice to get a package and know that someone is thinking about you and cares. Yes, perhaps that sounds sentimental and cheesy, but so what?

I've also enjoyed receiving many other letters, including ones from my dear family. I have a plan set up to respond to all of the
letters I've received in the next 2 to 3 weeks. We'll see how it goes! I have a lot of writing to do.

In other news, we continue to learn our jobs and work as hard as we can in the area (when we get a chance.)
I finally got all of the References taken care of this week (of course, it's a never-ending stream, but at least I've gotten caught up. Now I just have to stay on top of it.) Also, for the first time in weeks, I cleared out the inbox! It was a satisfying moment. So, in many regards, things are getting better and more organized. I'm satisfied with my assignment and my level of dedication to it. I feel healthy and I attribute my high level of energy to getting enough sleep at night. As for the area, we've found many new investigators and made a record number of contacts for the area last week. We're just trying to do our best.

This preparation day, we drove early to the temple and have now returned right after. There's a lot to do back here in Alcobendas today, namely washing the car, grocery shopping, cutting our hair, writing letters, cleaning the piso, etc. We've made good plans to be able to get it all done before the end of today and I think we're capable of meeting that goal.

As for Megan's plan for the talk, I think it would be downright hilarious and actually quite effective. Whatever ends up happening, please let me know blow by blow so I can enjoy it too. And it's good to hear that the Knorr Kids are on top of the game as far as grades go. Just wait: next year you'll both be at the bottom of the food chain! :)

Yes, I heard that he caught Dengue Fever twice. Goodness, Xander, weren't you satisfied with catching it once? :) And I hope everything is going well in the re-adjustment for my two good friends Xander and Donny, who have recently experienced the worst loss of feeling of importance that they will probably ever experience in their lifetime.
Believe me, that's something I'm not looking forward to. As secretary, I've been present for a few "going home" meetings and let me tell you, the feeling in those is far less than jubilant. Don't worry, guys, you're still as awesome as you ever were. Keep the mission habits. Don't forget how to speak the language. Congratulations for enduring to the end.

Well, that's all I have time for. I love you all!

-Elder Knorr