Wednesday, June 2, 2010

"Elder Knorr is doing...simply fantabulous"

I'm sorry if that title sounds a little odd, but there was really nothing else to be said. :) In all aspects, this has been an unusual week. Very busy, but also quite unusual. I don't know if I can even remember all of the oddities that occurred this week, but I'll give it a shot.

First, we ran out of minutes on our phone 5 days before the end of the month (replenishment time) and were in a tough spot that way. We could still receive calls and talk as much as we wanted, but calling-wise we were stuck. We borrowed one of the assistant's phones to make a few calls, and our plight reached the ears of President, who offered to hook us up with an extra phone so we could still be effective missionaries. We were delighted to have two phones! :) We affectionately named them Jacob and Esau. We were supposed to give Esau back yesterday in Zone Conference, but we forgot (oops) so we'll just keep using two phones until we get caught I guess. :)

Next, one night we wer
e going around doing missionary work, and President just happened to be in the area and offered to drive us to our next appointment. Instead of just dropping us off there, he went in with us and helped us with the lesson. Then, he offered to drive us to the next appointment, and the same thing happened! It was great being able to work closely with him for one evening.

Next, on Wednesday night, there was a meeting for all the bishops of the Madrid East Stake. Elder Caussé of the Seventy was there, and the meeting was intended to be a training meeting to teac
h the bishops how to best work with their missionaries. A few days before, President Watkins asked us to come and help with the practices that Elder Caussé was going to do, so we got to be flies on the wall in the meeting! It was really cool. The meeting went late so President offered to drive us home, and guess who was in the passenger seat? Elder Caussé! It was a pretty neat experience.

[To view a short video message from Elder
Caussé, see the post below.]

Next, my companion was ask
ed to perform the baptism of an investigator he taught in Barrio 3. This necessitated an exchange with ward members so that we could be in two places at once, because we already had an appointment set up for that night. So that was fun, going out to work with Hermano Escajadillo. As it turned out, my pseudo-companion had to go in to work before the exchange was over, so we stopped by the bishop's house and he became my new companion. We went over the ward list together and talked about the less-active members. Altogether a fun experience.

Finally, yesterday we had Zone Conference, which I would deem the BEST Zone Conference yet! We learned lots of useful and applicable things that we can use to be better missionaries, such as different ideas on how to teach the lessons, how to improve our contacts, etc. All very, very good.

Now, an important item of business. THE MISSION OFFICE IS CHANGING. They're planning on moving June 14th. Mail typically takes 6-7 days to arrive here, so that means that after June 7th or 8th, you should probably send it to the new address, which I will now put down five times consecutively for added emphasis:


Spain Madrid Mission
Calle Fuerteventura 4, 2º, Oficina 8-B
San Sebastian de los Reyes
28703 Madrid

Spain Madrid Mission
Calle Fuerteventura 4, 2º, Oficina 8-B
San Sebastian de los
Reyes
28703 Madrid

Spain Madrid Mission
Calle Fuerteventura 4, 2º, Oficina 8-B
San Sebastian de los Reyes
28703 Madrid

Spain Madrid Mission
Calle Fuerteventura 4, 2º, Oficina 8-B
San Sebastian de los Reyes
28703 Madrid

Spain Madrid Mission
Calle Fuerteventura 4, 2º, Oficina 8-B
San Sebastian de los Reyes
28703 Madrid

Have I made this message bastante claro? I think so.

My best wishes to Emily as she begins this awesome new stage of life. Lots of new responsibilities, but lots of new adventures and things to learn.

I love the mission! I love being a missionary! They always call it a big sacrifice, and it is, but I'm learning things that will be useful to me the rest of my life. I love helping people change and learn true doctrine, and we've been working very hard and doing our best. I love you all and am so grateful for what you did to help get me out here, and what you're doing to support me now. Take care, and I look forward to hearing from you again!

-Elder Knorr