Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Things are going good here in the mission field, more specifically, in Barrio 2 North.

We're working in a very hard and focused way to find people who have the desire to progress and make commitments. Because, you see, some people just want to talk to Americans. Some just like looking at our blond hair and blue eyes. And some really don't have interest but don't want to tell us "no" outright, so we end up wasting a lot of time trying to get in contact with them and set up lessons and have them show up to those lessons. All that being said, we're doing what we can to find the wheat among the tares. So far, nothing big, but at the rate we're going, I'm sure we'll find someone in no time!

Health news: I've been sneezing and coughing a lot this last week and my nose has been completely stuffed. I wonder if it has something to do with the abundant cottony seeds that get dropped by the trees here in Madrid, which are so thick in the air that they sometimes look like a blizzard. I've heard that you can develop allergies if you're exposed to something like that for too long, and that's caused me to wonder if I've developed my very first allergy. Any ideas? In any case, I don't feel too under-the-weather in spite of the cold-like symptoms.

It threatened to rain every day for the first part of this week, but the sun has finally come out and the temperatures are finally going up. It's summertime in Madrid again! Back to short sleeves, slacks, and sunscreen. It's been bringing back a lot of memories from the beginning of my mission, all the way back in Barrio 1 with Elder Parry. I hope to develop an even more contrasting missionary tan-line on my neck this time around. I'll keep you posted on its progress. :)

I haven't gotten the letter you tell me about yet (I don't think) but I look forward to it with great anticipation! Thanks for being such a great family and sending me letters. My companion and I have dedicated today to letter writing and nothing else, so if we can't get letters written today, we never will and our epic failure will be etched into the stones of history for all time, relegating us to an eternity of shameful doom. In other words, I will write you today. :)

Thanks, family and friends, for being so mindful of me! I'm loving being a missionary and I hope that through my work, I'll be able to help some children of God get to know him better. Take care, and remember what's important!


- Elder Knorr