Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Gobble, gobble, gobble! Thanksgiving coming up in the Mission Field!

Hello family and friends!

Despite raging rumors and whispered wishes of where I would go for the next transfer cycle, I ended up staying here in Segovia, again! This marks the beginning of my 4th transfer here, as well as the beginning of my 4th transfer with Elder Zollinger. This has a few specific significances: first off, I'll be here for Thanksgiving and Christmas! As you all probably can imagine, Spain isn't huge when it comes to celebrating Thanksgiving (go figure) but they have some great Christmas traditions and I can't wait to experience as many as I can! I also eagerly anticipate the arrival of my Christmas package and am already steeling myself against the inevitable urges I will have to open the presents early. I think I'll be able to do it!

As for our investigators, we still have Alfredo and William, the dynamic father-son duo who would both probably be baptized by now if it weren't for the fact that they're leaving to Colombia for the holidays so soon. We've done all we can to prepare them in the way of testimony building and exhortations to continue daily scripture study and prayer. That's all that we can do. We've also considered sending their information to the elders in Colombia and, of course, I'm a bit nervous in doing so. I just hope that those two elders who get the reference appreciate how golden these two men are. If Dad was still down there serving, I would have no reservations in sending him the reference :) but I'm dealing with an unknown here so I have a few insecurities.

I love you all and I thank you for your continued correspondence! I'm doing just fine here in Spain and will keep working as hard as I can until my time is up. The Church is true!

-Elder Knorr