Monday, August 17, 2009

Letters Today!

We received some letters today - hope you enjoy these little excerpts:

"It sounds to me like all that stands in his [Ethan's] way [in swimming] is "Las Ganas," as we call it here in the mission - the desire to create the will to push himself. I remember I didn't have that for a long time. You'll probably remember that as well. That's one thing I'm gaining here on the mission."


"Presidente Watkins is changing a lot in the mission. It's exciting, but also a little scary. But, when it comes down to it, he is the one called of God by revelation to lead this mission, so I just need to obey him and things will succeed."

"I'm currently in Ether in the Book of Mormon, and in Psalms in the Old Testament. I'm enjoying my scripture studies a great deal these days.
Psalms 118:6."


Other News:

We called Elder Harley Parry on Sunday and had a nice chat. Elder Parry was Christopher's trainer. He's home now in Logan and has some pictures of their time together that he'll be sending soon. I'll be sure to post those when they arrive!