Friday, May 15, 2009

Short Email from Elder Knorr

To Friends and Family: Hello!

Yes, it is I, Elder Knorr. Things are going really well for me here at the Madrid MTC. I got a phone call for Mother's Day, which was really very nice! Also, I received a goodly amount of mail this week, all of which I am very grateful for. And, as always, I would be more than glad to receive yet more mail.

I love my family SO MUCH. I can't even adequately express. It's funny, I've realized that Ethan was probably my best friend while I was back at home. :) Let him know that for me, will you please?

A few bits of news: The CCM supervisor finally got me a plug adapter for my speakers. We went up to my room to try it out. At first, things seemed to be going well, then I noticed a strange smell and a humming noise, and then.... POP! The power supply for my speakers burned out. The smell was awful!!! The whole situation was kind of funny. Since they couldn't find an American voltage power supply to match my speakers, they just bought me some new ones. They're smaller than my last, but they work nonetheless and I'm happy to have them.

I had a great experience contacting in the park. We met a wonderful 55 year old woman named Amelia who actually wanted to talk with us! It was wonderful. We got to the first vision and bore testimony of it and everything! The Spirit was so strong! We invited her to come to the temple grounds and hear us sing, but she didn't show up. Oh well, that's just how the work goes. At least we planted a seed!

Wow, very little time today. I love you all and hope to hear from you!

Love,
Elder Knorr