Monday, May 11, 2009

First Letter Mailed from Spain

One month down, 23 to go! But who's counting?

Life is challenging but still good here in the Madrid MTC. They feed us a lot of white rice, a lot of fish, and a smorgasbord of other foods. I've put on 10 pounds since I started my mission. I'm thinking of scaling back a little, because it would be really lame if I started to not fit into my clothes.

I've been working hard here with my studies. I've learned to really appreciate the scriptures and I'm finding that they have a whole new plane of relevance now that I'm a missionary. So far, I've memorized the First Vision in Spanish, Santiago 1:5, D&C 4 (in English, not in Spanish yet...) and the first tres Artículos de Fe [three Articles of Faith]. My Español is really coming along too! I love listening to and trying to speak to native Spanish-speakers. I feel that I'm getting a better and better grasp on it. Also, I've been learning how to let the Spirit guide my teaching and how to focus on the needs of the investigator in the lessons. Basically, it's an all-around Gospel Boot Camp and I'm loving it!

I'm looking everywhere for Elder Ogden. A friend of Hermana Martinez said that he might be in Caraces (not sure if that's the name - it's SW of Madrid). I couldn't find a picture of him in the big CCM photo album. I'll keep looking.

I admit it would be wonderful to get mail from ANYONE right now. Mail is by far the most desired and sought-after stuff for any of the missionaries.

Speaking of which, a certain Elder Siddiqui over here gets no mail from his family (or support, because they're all Muslim and they don't approve of what he's doing.) Could you maybe send him something? That's Elder Siddiqui.

Anyway, it's good to hear that you're all doing fine. Thank you for the uplifting stories and the family photos (even if I look a bit queer in some of them). Could you maybe send me come current news events so I know more or less what's going on in the world? That would be killer.

I look forward to hearing from you all again.

Take care!!!

Love,
Elder Knorr

P.S. I'll make a CD of pictures and send it next P-day.