Thursday, May 28, 2009

"Almost out of here, and into there!" - Final email from the CCM

It's good to hear that some of the mail made it through! So far I've replied by mail to every single letter that I've been sent. I'm really grateful for it so I guess the only way to keep it coming is to keep it coming on my end! I foresee a very happy day in the near future with the arrival of that package! Elder Langston's already gotten two packages since he's been here, but I don't feel like I'm missing out because he always shares his Fruit Roll Ups with me. Last time, he got some venison jerky from his dad, off of a deer that he (Elder Langston) killed earlier this year. He has a picture of it. It's amazing! I'm companions with a mighty hunter!

Speaking of companions, I'll be getting a new one in a bit now, with the great launch of my missionary life approaching. The harder I work to prepare myself for the field, the more I realize that there isn't any way to prepare myself for the field. It's going to be way different no matter how I look at it. So the best I can really do here is try to improve on my Spanish, build my own personal testimony and learn the lessons backwards and forwards. I'm sure the rest will come and the Lord has already worked wonders "shaping my back for the burden" so I trust that He'll come through for me again. I'll just give it my best effort and see how it goes!

Thanks so much for the current events! I really like those. I remember when you and I would just listen to NPR every morning going to work and then coming back as well. I miss knowing what's going on in the world a little bit, and thank you! The other missionaries always gather round when I get to that part of my email so that they can also know what's going on.

Well, this is going to be it! It's my last P-Day here in the CCM and I have a lot to do. Just this morning Elder Langston got a haircut. I got a haircut a couple of days ago, given to me by our very own Elder Raban. He's an amazing guy! And the haircut is really good too! He cuts his own hair even. He grew up on a horse farm, so he has all kinds of useful, practical skills like that.

Anyway, I'd better get going. I love you all and I thank you for your letters, love and support! Bye!!!

-Elder Knorr