Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Second Week Down, Things Still Great!

Howdy from the MTC

Tomorrow, I'll have been in here for two long (yet short) weeks. The time-warp that exists here is really starting to get to my brain! It feels like only yesterday that I walked in, yet here I am, starting my 3rd week of spiritually-uplifted learning.

Easter was really good for me this year, probably my best ever. I really caught a wonderful glimpse of the immensity that is the Atonement. While reading up on my New Testament gospels to try and answer an investigator's email in the Referral Center, I had a wonderful experience when I read the part of the crucifixion that says that Jesus knew that it was finally over. I can only imagine the incredible moment that this must have been for all the hosts of heaven, and for the whole world. Even though it was a sad moment for those who were there, it was the greatest victory of good over evil that there ever was or has been or ever will be, because the Atonement had been completed. So, just for a moment, I was able to grasp the feelings that must have existed at that time. The next day, on Easter Sunday, I pretty much devoted all my study time to reading about the life and teachings of Jesus Christ. It was great!

I've been contemplating doing a musical number for sacrament meeting one of these days. I only hope that I can talk myself out of it before I do something I'll regret. ;)

Some news on the sad side: my visa has yet to come in. That means I won't be leaving on April 21st as I thought I would be at first... But that's ok, it just means more time learning and preparing in here. I just want to go to Spain so badly! But I know there's a time and a place and that my visa will come in just when it's supposed to.

Well, it's time for me to switch my laundry, so I'd better sign off and say that I love you all. You all mean a lot to me and you've made me who I am and I thank you for all you've done to prepare me for this. I know it will be the best two years of my life; it's already proving to be.

Take care. The Church is true!

-Elder Knorr