Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Letters from MTC

Dear Mom,

Hi! I'll start by answering all your questions:

Spanish is coming great. I try to speak as much of it as I can, and it helps.

I got moved up [to the intermediate class] three days in. Elder Arnold is my companion now: he's a lacrosse player from Timpanogos High School, but I didn't know him. He's a really cool guy.

My roommates are Elder Carmona, a short, funny, half Mexican guy from Texas. His companion, Elder Albretson, is a tall redhead from Wisconsin. We all have a lot of fun together.

As for life here at the MTC, it's really good. The missionary's life is the best life there is! I'm hardly ever hungry, and I'm constantly feeling the spirit. Despite the delay in my visa, I know that I'll be fine. I'll just keep working hard around here.

The Church is True! Love You.
______________________

Dear Dad,

...My Pdays are Tuesdays, and that's when I become a letter-writing machine.

Things are going really well for me here in the MTC! The classes are good, the spirit is strong, and the Spanish is getting better. I've recently discovered the Referral Center, where we call people to offer them free copies of the Book of Mormon or sometimes answer Spanish emails asking questions about our church. The spirit there is great. I'm having an awesome time.

¡Iré y Haré! [I will go and I will do!]
Elder Knorr