Monday, April 6, 2009

FIRST LETTER

Apparently they gave them a little time on their first night at the MTC to write home. Here are some excerpts from Elder Knorr's letter, which we received today:

1 April 09

Knorr Familia,

How's everyone doing? Still hangin' on without me? :)

Well, things are AMAZING here at the MTC. The Spirit here is SO STRONG. I can feel myself "sharpening," as it were. I'm focused; I'm on a mission here! There was a lot of information to take in today and I'm "reeling" a bit still from the sheer weight and volume of it all, but I know that the Lord will make me equal to the task. The one consolation I have is that my Spanish is leaps and bounds ahead of any of the others. Hopefully that will help me be more effective.

I'm currently grouped with two Elders, Elder McArthur and Elder Jeppson. They're both awesome guys, but I've been told that tomorrow I'll be put in with an Elder Tosta and he'll be my new companion.

I love you all and I want you guys to know that I know that the Church is true, and that I'm going to give it my all here. Don't worry about me, but do pray, please.

Love,
Elder Knorr