Thursday, September 23, 2010

Hello! It's me, Elder Knorr. I'm doing fine.

I didn't get stuck in any elevators this week, which was a nice change. :) And my companion and I have been getting a lot done in the office.

This week, my companion has had a leadership training he's had to go to for the last three days in the mornings. He's been going with President, and I've stayed here with Elder Jewell so I ca
n keep getting things done in the office. Due to these trainings, Preparation Day was changed to Thursday (because one of the meetings was Wednesday morning) so that's why I'm writing a day late.

I got references cleared out this week! :) It was hard, but I got it done and now I feel a lot better. I also developed a folder system on my cell phone to receive and organize incoming references, have sent out mail to several areas and missionaries, and helped some missionaries with their residency. All in all, it's been a bit crazy. But we're almost through the madness (I always seem to say that, don't I? And right then more madness shows up.)

I really don't have that much to share this week. We've just spent a lot of time trying to get office business taken care of, something that we have not been able to do to the extent necessary for t
he past several weeks.

We still get out and contact/teach a lot. We keep finding new people to teach, in spite of frequent rejection on the street and those people who don't outright reject, but rather give us false numbers and addresses. We have an investigator named Alfonso, a 17-year-old Spaniard, who we've taught several times. He must really like the Church because he keeps inviting more and more friends to come meet us and listen to our message. It's crazy! It seems every other time we meet, we're meeting another one of his Spanish friends. We must have met a million of them by now! We love it, it's given us a lot of people to teach. Teaching someone our own age is something really different. We're used to teaching adults or elderly people who want to learn about God, so teaching someone around our own age is a big change. Actually, later today we're going to go to the chapel together and play some board games (Settlers of Catan) to get to know some more of his friends and invite them to listen to the lessons. The work is really good right now.

Other than that, I don't think there's anything else. I'm just working hard, trying to be perfectly obedient, keeping the mission from imploding, and loving being a missionary. Thanks for the great letters and emails. They help me keep strong. I love you all and hope that this email finds you happy and healthy and all of that.

I remain, as ever, your humble servant,

-Elder Knorr