Thursday, September 17, 2009

Letter bits and pieces - happy news!

To Ethan:

Things are great here in the mission! We've found some more people and they want to get baptized! We think so, at least. We're teaching them the lessons about the Gospel right now and things are looking good.

If I were you, I'd definitely start learning more about the Book of Mormon. Take care! Remember to let the scriptures be with you always.

_____________________________________________
To Megan:

So I hear you spilled my little "secret" to the WHOLE FAMILY. Now everyone knows I'm a fatty McGee. It's ok, it's not that bad. I've just kind of plateaued 10 lbs. over my normal weight, probably all thanks to that dumb MTC food. It's delicious, and it's pretty much an all-you-can-eat buffet every meal, every day. Our district had a tradition: if you went for seconds, you got the Bell (everyone says "Ding Dong Double!"). If you went for thirds, you got the Gong (everyone pretends to ring an imaginary gong 3 times then says in a ninja-ish voice "Triple!" with Spanish pronunciation). And if you went for fourths (I never saw this personally, I only heard about it happening) you got the Cannons (everyone makes 4 loud cannon sounds then says in an operatic tone "Quadruple!!!"). Yeah. We had a little fun with that :)

_____________________________________________
To Dad:

I do love the temple. We went just today, and it was perhaps one of the sweetest experiences I've had on my mission thus far. Elder Ogden was there, along with several members of my old district in the CCM. It was just pure joy being with people I love in a place that I love. I imagine that's something like what my sealing in the temple will probably be like.

Thanks for the joke that President Monson cracked. [Oquirrh Mountain Temple Dedication - Elder Uchtdorf at Air Force One controls - "Don't do it, Dieter!"] He is amazing, isn't he? A very good sense of well-timed humor. And I'm glad that everyone, even Ethan, got to attend the dedication. The temples are the most precious things we have as a Church and we must never forget that.

I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed Education Week, especially the "deep doctrine" classes. In the mission we call that "Kolob Doctrine" and kind of joke about it a little because we're encouraged to study and explore just the core doctrines. Sure, the location of the sword of Laban would be fun to know but I don't know if that's really going to every help me help someone else gain a testimony. But it is fun stuff!

Well, I now leave to go do some work. Things are looking good here in Segovia (finally) and we're singing His praises for the blessings we've received lately in the form of good investigators. We'll keep working hard, and smart, and have faith that the Lord will do His part.