Friday, May 8, 2009

More Info from the CCM

I saw a lizard today! A HUGE one!!!! It was in the building too, in the stairwell! One of the Hermanas almost stepped on it, and then it scurried up the wall and we tried to catch it but then it just hid in this little alcove on the ceiling and wouldn't come down. But it was way exciting! It was a big one too. It would fit just perfectly into your hand, legs and all, but it's long tail would probably flop over the end.

Right now I'm at the Brigado getting my residence permit. We have a nice lawyer named Javier who helps us. He's really close to our age. He's a pretty cool dude. We so have to convert him...But seriously, that would rule.

I've really been digging into the doctrine here in the CCM. I love the scriptures! There's a lot in them that I've taken for granted before that is really applicable to me in my life right now. I'm never going to have the opportunity to be this studious of the scriptures ever again in my life! We get about 4 hours a day just to study doctrine! So I'm trying to make the best of it.

Spain is a beautiful country; all-in-all, it isn't that different from Utah climate-wise because Madrid is in a desert area so it's pretty arid and it's all the same latitude so the temperatures are about the same. It just all feels older. The skies look like paintings out of some kind of storybook. It's really wonderful. Plus, the temple is literally right next door. I can see it from my bedroom window. And this temple seriously has the most beautiful celestial room ever!!! We get to go in once a week. I wish I could do more though!